WHAT DOES THIS POLICY COVER?
This policy describes The Bleeding Fingers Custom Music Shop, LLC and its affiliates' use of your data. References in this policy to Bleeding Fingers, we or us shall mean The Bleeding Fingers Custom Music Shop, LLC
Please note that when you enter any sub-sites accessible through Bleeding Fingers Websites, such sub-sites may have their own specific privacy policies. Additionally, the properties of affiliated Bleeding Fingers companies, including some that are linked to/from the Bleeding Fingers Websites, may have different policies; therefore, please review the privacy policies on those websites if you visit them.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE ASK YOU TO PROVIDE TO US?
Bleeding Fingers does not generally require that you provide us with personal data in order to visit and use the Bleeding Fingers Website. Please note that in order to participate in some activities, such as contests and other promotions (collectively, \"Promotions\") and social media, we may ask you to provide information that could reasonably be used to contact you or to identify you personally (such as your name, company name, title, e-mail address, mailing address and telephone number).Bleeding Fingers may also ask you to provide other information about yourself, which may include demographic information such as geographic region, etc., or certain information about your preferences and interests.
Therefore, the information that we collect from you and process may include:
- First name, last name, company name, and title
- Demographic information, geographic region etc
- Contact information, such as email address, mailing address and phone number
- Your payment details, including billing addresses and credit card details where you make purchases from us.
- Marketing preferences, including any consents you have given us
We may offer opportunities to enter into Promotions, on our own or jointly with a third party. Such Promotions may require registration and the disclosure of both personal data and non-personal data. In the event that a Promotion is offered jointly with a third party, as a result of your participation in such Promotion, your personal data and non-personal data may be shared with such third party. This sharing will be disclosed to you at the time you provide your information. By entering a Promotion, you are agreeing to the official rules that govern that Promotion, which may contain specific requirements of you, including, except where prohibited by law, allowing the sponsor and/or other third parties connected to the Promotion to use your name, voice and/or likeness in advertising and marketing materials. Therefore, always carefully read the rules of the Promotion before entering.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT FROM YOU AUTOMATICALLY?
Whenever you visit or interact with the Bleeding Fingers Website, Bleeding Fingers may automatically collect certain information such as your IP address and/or another unique identifier (\"Device Identifier\") for the computer, mobile device, technology or other device (\"Device\") you use to access the Bleeding Fingers Website and any referring property. (A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your Device when you access a Website or other digital property or its servers. The Bleeding Fingers Website identifies your Device by its Device Identifier).
Some mobile service providers may also provide us or our third-party service providers with information regarding the physical location of the Device used to access the Bleeding Fingers Website.
In addition, Bleeding Fingers, as well as certain third-party analytics and other service providers, may use a variety of technologies that automatically or passively collect information about how you use the Bleeding Fingers Website (\"Usage Information\"). Usage Information may include, in part, the Device you use to access the Bleeding Fingers Website, browser type, platform, operating system, IP address, viewport, the content served, the time at which a page was accessed and/or the time spent on a page, and the preceding pages views.
Therefore, the information that we may automatically collect from you and process may include:
- Your IP addressor another unique identifier, such as a Device Identifier
- Information related to your Device such as the platform, operating system, browser type, or physical location
- Your Usage Information such as the content served, the time at which the content was accessed and/or the time spent using the content, and the preceding content views
HOW DO WE USE THIS INFORMATION, AND WHAT IS THE LEGAL BASIS FOR THIS USE?
We process this personal data for the following purposes:
- As required for business purposes or to establish and fulfill a contract with you, for example if you commission music from us. This may include verifying your identity, taking payments, communicating with you and providing services relevant to our business.
- As required by Bleeding Fingers to enable our business and pursue our legitimate interests, in particular:
- we will use your information to provide services you have requested, and respond to any comments or complaints you may send us
- we monitor use of the Bleeding Fingers Website, and may use your information to help us monitor, improve and protect our content, and the Bleeding Fingers Website, both online and offline
- we may use information you provide to tailor your experience on the Bleeding Fingers Website
- to provide you with support and answer questions or other requests
- we may monitor any customer account to prevent, investigate and/or report fraud, terrorism, misrepresentation, security incidents or crime, in accordance with applicable law
- if you provide a credit or debit card, we may also use third parties to check the validity of the sort code, account number and card number you submit in order to prevent fraud.
- we may use information you provide to investigate any complaints received from you or from others, about the Bleeding Fingers Website or our services
- we may also use the information we collect to improve the Bleeding Fingers Website and our content and services, for internal business purposes, and, in our discretion, changes to any of our policies
- compliance with applicable laws and protection of Bleeding Fingers’ legitimate business interests and legal rights, including, but not limited to, use in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory, and investigative purposes (including disclosure of such information in connection with legal process or litigation).
In addition, with your consent we may send you direct marketing in relation to our services, or other services provided by us, our affiliates and carefully selected partners. Although these will only be sent where you have given your consent, or (where permissible) you have been given an opportunity to opt out, you will be able to opt-out of electronic direct marketing by following the instructions in the communication.
WHO WILL WE SHARE THIS DATA WITH, AND WHERE?
1. To affiliates and third parties.
Bleeding Fingers may share your personal data with companies affiliated with Extreme (“Affiliates”), so that those Affiliates can (i) assist us with fulfilling your requests or improving our content, services or advertising; and/or (ii) contact you about other content, services or other offerings that may be of interest to you.We may from time to time employ third parties to perform functions on our behalf, and thus, we may also share your personal data with third-party service providers that assist us with providing content, fulfilling your requests, improving our content, services or advertising, or otherwise performing services for Extreme. As one example, if you access content or services that are published, developed or supported by an Affiliate or third party, your personal data may be shared with that Affiliate or third party for purposes related to that content or those services, including service administration and/or development. Additionally, we may share your information in order to host or operate the Extreme Websites, for data analysis purposes, and for the administration of Promotions, such as in connection with winner selection and prize fulfillment.
2. When you consent to have your personal data shared or otherwise request that we share your information.
We may offer you the opportunity to consent to the sharing of your information with third parties. You may request, sometimes through your use of an interactive feature or third-party application, that we share personal data about you with a third party, and we will typically do so in those circumstances. If you consent or request to receive communications from third parties, you will need to communicate with them directly if you later decide that you no longer wish to receive their communications.
3. Business transactions.
We may share your personal data with Affiliates for internal reasons, primarily for business and operational purposes, including any corporate reorganization, restructuring or other corporate change. In addition, Bleeding Fingers or any of its assets, including the Bleeding Fingers Website, may be sold, or other transactions may occur in which your personal data is one of the key business assets in the transaction. In such a case, your personal data may be one of the business assets we transfer. Hence, Bleeding Fingers reserves the right to disclose and transfer user information, including personal data, in connection with any activity and/or transaction described above.
4. Legal protections and law enforcement.
We may transfer and disclose information, including your personal data, (including Usage Information and Device Identifier (including IP address)), to third parties: (i) to comply with legal obligations; (ii) when we believe in good faith that the law requires it; (iii) at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation; (iv) to verify or enforce our Terms & Conditions or other applicable policies; (v) to respond to an emergency; or (vi) to otherwise protect the rights, property, safety or security of third parties, visitors to the Bleeding Fingers Website or the public. We may also use Device Identifiers to identify users, and may do so in cooperation with copyright owners, internet service providers, wireless service providers or law enforcement agencies, in our discretion. Such disclosures may be carried out without notice to you.
5. Cookies and other tracking technologies.
6. Social media applications.
Functionality on the Bleeding Fingers properties may permit interactions between third-party properties, such as enabling you to “like” or “share” content to third-party properties. If you choose to “like” or “share” content or to otherwise post information from or via the Bleeding Fingers Website to a third-party property, feature or application, that information may become public and the third-party property may have access to information about you and your use of the Bleeding Fingers Website, including personal data.
You may also choose to participate in a third party application or feature (such as our Facebook, Twitter or other social media pages, or a similar feature on a third-party property) through which you allow us to collect and share (or the third party to share) information about you, including personal data. The third party may allow you to remove the application or feature, in which case we will no longer collect information about you through the application or feature, but we may retain the information previously collected. In addition, we may receive information about you if other users of a third-party property give us access to their profiles and you are one of their “connections,” or if information about you is otherwise accessible through your “connections” web page, profile page, or similar page on a social networking or other third-party property or interactive service.
Bleeding Fingers uses commercially reasonable safeguards to help protect and secure your personal data, and we use reasonable efforts to obtain the agreement of our Affiliates and third-party service providers to take steps to protect the confidentiality, security, and integrity of personal data we share with them. However, no electronic data transmission or storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% private and secure. Please be careful to avoid ‘phishing’ schemes, where someone may send you an e-mail that looks like it is from Bleeding Fingers asking for your personal data. You understand that any message or information you send to a Bleeding Fingers Property may be read or intercepted by others. Bleeding Fingers does not ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you use the Bleeding Fingers Website and provide us with your information at your own risk.
HOW DO WE TREAT CHILDREN'S PERSONAL DATA?
The Bleeding Fingers Websites are open to all individuals, though some Promotions may have age restrictions. We do not knowingly collect or permit the collection, storage or use of any personal data from anyone under 16 years of age. If we become aware that a child under 16 is attempting to submit this information, we will inform the minor that he or she is ineligible to do so. We will then remove this information from our records.
- For residents of the United States. If you are a parent or guardian who knows or has discovered that your child under the age of 13 has submitted his or her personal data or other information without your consent, permission or authorization, upon request, we will promptly: (a) provide direct notice to you indicating what, if any, personal data of your child has been collected and how it has been used and/or disclosed; (b) remove your child’s personal data or other information from our database, cease the use of such information and direct any other party with access to such information to do the same; and (c) by notice to you, confirm compliance with the foregoing.
ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION (PERSONAL DATA) AND YOUR RIGHTS
For residents of the European Economic Area (EEA).
How can you access your personal data and what are your rights? If you would like a copy of the personal data that we store about you in our customer databases, please contact us using the details given in the “Contact us” section below. This is in addition to your legal rights, including the right to access a copy of your personal data, the right to request the deletion or updating of any inaccurate personal data and the right to object, in some cases, to our processing of your personal data. You can exercise these rights by contacting us using the details given in the “Contact us” section below. Where we are processing personal data based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of the processing based on consent before its withdrawal. You may also have, for some data processed by us, a right to data portability, i.e. the right to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used machine-readable format and transmit your personal data to another data controller. You can exercise these rights by contacting us using the details given in the “Contact us” section below. You may be asked to provide some proof of identification so that we can verify that it is you making the request.
If you are concerned that we have not complied with your legal rights or applicable privacy laws, you may contact us or your local data protection authority.
Retention of personal data.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as is reasonably necessary for the various purposes set out in this policy or to otherwise comply with any applicable laws and regulations concerning the mandatory retention of certain types of information.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
If you reside in California, we are required to provide additional information to you about how we collect, use, and disclose your information, and your rights with regard to your information.
CA Personal Information collection, source, purpose of use, and retention.
CA Personal Information means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular individual or household (“CA Personal Information”).
Collection, use, and purpose. We may collect your name, company name, title, account login credentials, contact information, demographic information, preferences, bank account details, IP address, other unique identifiers, information related to your device, and Usage Information from you directly or indirectly through your interaction with any system or application. We collect this CA Personal Information in order to provide you the services. We do not collect or process Sensitive Personal Information.
Retention. We will keep your CA Personal Information for as long as it is necessary for the relationship with you or the purposes detailed above or necessary to establish or defend legal claims, to administer our business, or to the extent permitted by applicable law, which may require us to hold the relevant CA Personal Information for specific periods.
Selling / Sharing. We do not Sell your CA Personal Information or Share your CA Personal Information for purposes of cross-context behavioral advertising as part of our business practices.
CA Personal Information disclosed to third parties for business purposes.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we may have disclosed your CA Personal Information for Business Purposes to other Bleeding Fingers Affiliates to provide services on our behalf such as: maintaining or servicing accounts, providing IT services, fulfilling orders, receiving payment, and other similar services on our behalf.
California consumer rights.
Subject to certain exceptions, as a California resident, you may have the following rights to request:
- Access. You can request access to:
- the categories of CA Personal Information we have collected about you;
- the categories of sources from which the CA Personal Information is collected;
- the business or commercial purpose for collecting or disclosing CA Personal Information;
- the categories of third parties to whom we disclose the CA Personal Information;
- the specific pieces of CA Personal Information we have collected.
- Correction. You can request correction of the CA Personal Information we maintain about you.
- Nondiscrimination. We will not discriminate against you based solely upon you exercising your rights under CCPA.
Exercising your California consumer rights.
If you are a California resident and wish to exercise any of these rights, please: (i) contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or (ii) write to us at Bleeding Fingers Music, C/O Sony Music Publishing LLC, 25 Madison Avenue, New York, New York 10010, Attn: Business & Legal Affairs. When submitting your request, you must indicate the specific nature of your request, referencing “Your California Privacy Rights,” and include your first and last name, mailing address, zip code and email address.
When exercising your rights as described above, you may be asked to provide additional proof of identification so that we can verify your identity and validate the request. We are not responsible for requests that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not contain sufficient information to allow us to process your request.
Agents. If you are an authorized representative submitting a request on a resident’s behalf, please complete the applicable request per the instructions above. We will follow up to request a signed, written permission signed by the individual who is the subject of the request authorizing you to make the request on their behalf. The written permission must state your full legal name, the full legal name of the individual who is the subject of the request, and a clear description of the permission granted. Alternatively, you may submit a copy of a power of attorney under Probate Code sections 4000-4465. In either case, please also indicate in your e-mail the nature of your request. The resident’s identity, in addition to your own, will need to be independently verified in order for us to be able to fulfill your request. We may also ask the resident to directly confirm with us that they provided you permission to submit the request. Please keep in mind that if we do not receive adequate proof that you are authorized to act on the resident’s behalf, we may deny the request.